Come join us for Our weekly Tai Chi Class
Weekly Tai Chi practice (Form, tui shou, da Lu, san shou)
Join Stephen J. Goodson, a senior student of the late Robert W. Smith, in a weekly Tai Chi class. We will practice and explore the Tai Chi form and Tai Chi's two-person exercises (Tui Shou, Da Lu, and San Shou). You should be able to independently do the Tai Chi form as a prerequisite for the Two Person work. We will look at how Tai Chi's Ti Fang technique informs Tai Chi's form and the two-person exercises.
(No street shoes on the studio floors. Loose, comfortable clothing is best. No recording equipment.)
Every Monday evening from April 23rd, 2018 to June 25th, 2018.
7:00p.m. - 9:00p.m.
$200 for the entire session or $30 per class
What our classes will cover:
- The Tai Chi Form and its 5 major Principals
- Tai Chi as a soft art (no speed or strength required!)
- The secret of the four ounce touch (the threshold of pressure yet not force)
- The Ti-Fang technique (Tai Chi's secret)
- The Tai Chi Classics (the ancients left us traces of glimpses)
- Single Hand Tui Shou (Push Hands)
- Two Hand Tui Shou (Push Hands)
- Dalu (Four-corner Push Hands)
- San Shou Training (Free Hand)
Prerequisite: You should be able to independently do a Tai Chi form (we are "style" agnostic) before engaging in the Two-Person exercises.
IMF Gym, HQ1, 700 19th Street, NW Washington, DC 20431 (Farragut West Metro)
MOST SATURDAY MORNINGS STEPHEN CAN BE FOUND AT:
Open practice: Tai Chi & Push Hands
Cabin John Tai Chi Court
Starting around 10:30 am
Most Sunday mornings Stephen can be found at:
8:00 am to 10:00 am